Project Management Director
Do you want to be our Director of project management?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
At Autocar, we fight for the driver’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more up-time, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around the clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
- Lead the development of a central cross-company framework and methodology for proposing, approving, and reviewing projects and programs.
- Partner with Finance and various business leaders across the organization to drive project portfolio prioritization based on business value, ROI, and strategic alignment with the organization.
- Lead the development, training, and mentoring of team members across the organization on project management discipline and practices. Assess talent levels, group dynamics, and work products in order to provide constructive feedback to project teams to optimize delivery.
- Provide needed support to project teams in the identification and analysis of project changes, issues and risks, and in development of timely mitigation plans for expedited resolution. Monitor for deviations from project goals, scope, timeline and budget and ensure transparency in communication and reporting
- Evolve PMO processes, tools, metrics, and policies ensuring they drive productivity, quality and business success
- Where will you work? This role will be located at Autocar’s plant in Birmingham, AL
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
4680 Pinson Valley Parkway Birmingham, AL 35215 Office: 765.489.5499 Fax: 765.489.5230
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume