Systems Engineer- Cab
The day-to-day activities below pertain to product realization and subsequent product sustainment phases.
1. Provide design direction and leadership to on- and offshore engineering resources for the cab and cab systems including cab-in-white, interior/exterior trim, hoods and grilles (subject systems) for heavy/severe duty trucks following best engineering practices.
2. Support product planning and formulating the product strategy including benchmarking/opportunities/threats analysis.
3. Create and maintain SOW’s, project plans and resource management plans.
4. Define technical specifications and requirements related to the subject systems.
5. Research new technologies related to the cab and cab systems and advise deployment strategies.
6. Project manage the internal development team as well as 3rd party providers such as suppliers, the interior & exterior trim styling studios, other development teams and consultants as it relates to the subject systems’ design & development into production.
7. Lead and/or support project status reviews, design reviews, design analysis activities such as DFMEA’s and other product integrity initiatives.
8. Create and manage material cost models.
9. Support the creation and management of engineering documentation including Engineering Parts Lists, Design Charts and engineering related information in the Sales Configurator.
10. Engage with engineering peers to ensure a high level of functional and physical interface control during development.
11. Engage with cross functional teams such as Sales, Service, Warranty, Parts, Purchasing, Materials, Productivity Engineering and Program Management to align goals and expectations.
12. Support prototyping and testing activities including the creation of workshop requests, test requirements and test plans.
13. Support validation and pilot builds.
14. Reach out to suppliers (in conjunction with Purchasing) in support of development and product sustaining activities.
15. Support creating and sustainment of Service and Service Parts documentation including Maintenance Manuals, Operators Manuals and the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC)
16. Support creating Body Builders Manuals and liaise with body builders/equipment manufacturers as required.
17. Manage deviations and substitutions.
18. Lead engineering efforts related to product improvements, new features or options development and product portfolio growth initiatives for subject systems.
19. Provide engineering support to resolve day-to-day manufacturing issues.
20. Identify areas of improvement and develop processes/procedures to eliminate engineering errors during the product development & release management process.
21. Participate in lean and similar activities as required.
22. Support the Sales, Service and Parts organizations with engineering solutions dependent on the particular issue.
23. Support the Reliability Team with reliability improvements.
24. Interact with customers as required.
25. Support customer plant visits and similar events.
26. Perform management and customer presentations as required.
27. Provide engineering support relating to compliance and regulatory matters including participating in industry standards forums/events if required.
28. Perform personnel management including development plans and performance appraisals.
29. Other duties as assigned.
At least 5 years of engineering experience in a heavy truck environment with an emphasis on cab and cab systems including cab-in-white, interior/exterior trim, hoods and grilles.
Experience with UGNX and Teamcenter (or similar 3D CAD & PDM systems) Required
Demonstrated leadership of small tactical teams
Able to lead long term projects while at the same time taking care and finding solutions to day to day issues that arise
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume