Regional Business Manager- Terminal Tractors South Central Region
Do you want to be a
Regional Business Manager at Autocar?
Who are we? Autocar is the only American truck manufacturer focused on trucks for severe-duty vocational applications. But above all, Autocar is focused on our customers: Our truck helps our customers to be more successful and to achieve their challenging objectives.
Autocar’s hundreds of customers include every national waste-hauling fleet, major cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, and Charlotte, and many of the largest retailers and freight handlers in North America.
As the industry's technology and innovation leader, Autocar has forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison, Cummins, ArvinMeritor, Hendrickson among others, and has delivered more natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Autocar is the oldest motor vehicle manufacturer in the United States and built America's first truck, in 1899. A proudly American-owned company, Autocar is headquartered in Hagerstown, Indiana and is affiliated with GVW Group, based in Highland Park, Illinois.
What will you do? Be part of a dynamic sales organization representing our terminal tractor business. You'll be responsible for supporting our sales strategy at the site level by developing and executing sales strategies with end users at distribution centers, fleets, warehouses and depots in the region.
- Independently manage all associated sales activities for their specific geography as it relates to the support and development of sales growth.
- Forecast order and sales quotas; manage existing customer opportunities and effective travel for territory management.
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- “Leading edge” sales experience, preferably in the transportation or capital equipment sector.
- Ability to develop and maintain a sales opportunity pipeline sufficient to capture annual top line growth targets.
- Proven track record of increasing sales volume and exceeding targets while maintaining attention to detail.
- At least 5 years of experience, involving a steady progression of responsibilities and well-respected companies.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business, engineering or related field experience.
Where will you work? This role works from a home office when not traveling in your region.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume