Vice President Sales
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At GVW Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our truck parts.
What will you do?
Ideal candidates will be self-starters, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and operate with the highest ethical standards. The VP of JIT Sales will lead the part sales for the JIT Parts Business Unit. This role will provide tactical and strategic guidance and be responsible for co-developing and implementing our Strategic Plans. There will be a strong emphasis on a four-pronged growth strategy promoting continuous improvement, new product development, market expansion, and mergers and acquisitions. This is a great opportunity for a proven leader to take the business to the next level by coaching and building out a team capable of delivering sales targets, objectives, and high growth rates.
What does it take to be part of our team?
The VP of JIT Sales will be responsible for leading all sales related actives for the JIT business. This individual will direct a team of approximately seven sales representatives. In this role, the individual will:
- Be ultimately responsible for all sales and profitability for the JIT Parts Business Unit
- Drive sales forecast accuracy
- Collaborate with: marketing, engineering, customer service, operations, supply chain, quality, finance, forecasting and strategic planning activities.
- Be responsible for operating performance, e.g. sales, profit, working capital, on-time delivery, planning, scheduling, materials management, etc.
- Improve the product development process by effective market analysis, target product identification, improving project management and incorporating Design For Six Sigma
- Manage day-to-day tactical and long-term strategic activities within the business
- Recruit, train and develop, and performance manage direct reports
- Be responsible for effective communications and coordination with other divisions (i.e., GVW Parts, Autocar Parts, etc)
- Operate with a high level of business ethics and standards.
- Provide stable and effective leadership, support, and direction to the sales team in support of the vision of creating an organization dedicated to customer service, innovation, effectiveness, safety and flexibility.
- Working closely with the product marketing team to build out our product offering.
- Champion and coach the supply team on use of standard sourcing processes, category management, engaging low-cost country suppliers, risk mitigation and supplier performance management
- Anticipate changes in the business and ensure solutions are in place to meet or exceed them by contributing to budget, forecasting, and planning processes.
- Manage relationships in a professional and courteous fashion with key business partners including internal and external stakeholders, and other operational affiliations.
- Work with management teams to develop long and short-term staffing plans, which result in recruiting, training, and retaining managers and hourly associates.
- Manage financial expenses related to sales initiatives.
Key skills & proficiencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 10 years progressive sales management experience; minimum 5 years in a senior level role with direct P&L responsibility
- Prior experience working in the waste and/or big fleet/equipment industry
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, communications skills (both written and oral), and strict attention to detail
- Proven strategic planning skills; conducted competitive analyses, developed marketing plans, pricing strategies, etc.
- Strong financial acumen to lower costs while improving performance and increasing sales
- Effective strategic leadership skills and executive attributes
- Excellent organization and project management skills with a proven ability manage multiple projects and hitting deadlines.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally
- Very strong computer skills, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Expert problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and thoughts to people at all levels of the organization, establishing credibility with management and employees throughout the supported population; including but not limited to the executive management level
- Ability to anticipate, set, and manage priorities, resources, goals and projects
- Ability to develop strong contingency plans.
Bachelor degree, with a minimum of 10 years demonstrated, relevant experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Top candidates will have a robust multi-functional background in sales, marketing, and operations.
Ability to travel up ~ 45%.
What else does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and people who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, you are self-made and you have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and do not reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to include salary, variable compensation and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume