Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Aculocity, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the data industry by putting the customers’ needs first. We custom-build software designed to deliver value to the customer, and integrate with existing systems and data to give the customer a holistic view of their business. We are a dynamic, fast moving, global technology consulting company that enhances business processes and uses technology to solve business problems and create leverage. Since we launched in 2006, we have delivered customer software development solutions, implementation of software systems, business intelligence and business process solutions.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
What will you do? The Technology President of Aculocity, through their technology leadership and via a process of measureable continuous process improvement, will enable the business leaders within GVW Group to successfully execute against the aggressive business strategy. This role is jointly accountable for the success of the business delivering their financial cost and growth plans. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development of the standalone Aculocity business.
This role is a unique position in the company and is a high profile role within the organization with an opportunity to drive a step change in the “way we work” and its ability to deliver products and services to our customers. Working across the portfolio businesses, this role will face off with business leaders, senior managers and stakeholders in order to establish itself as the internal subject matter expert with respect to all things technology. This role is expected to develop and implement a technological enabling strategy that is mapped directly to the business vision of the various companies within GVW Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing technology solutions that achieve operational efficiencies as well as create capacity to grow throughput/revenue. Moreover, this role is responsible for teaching and mentoring functional teams in ways to improve established business processes, automating as much of the business functions as possible, driving customer satisfaction, increasing productivity and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Leverage technology to manage and execute all technology and process innovation and implementation.
- Manage a domestic and international team: Develop, retain, manage and lead a team of highly educated technology professionals. This includes analysts, infrastructure and software engineers. The incumbent will be required to provide coaching, mentoring and development opportunities that continuously build upon both the team and individual capability.
- Lead business improvement capability: Ability to connect the dots and be three moves ahead of the market and businesses in developing new ways of working. Lead a team of internal solution consultants by setting a culture of critical thinking and problem solving; Develop and build a very effective team of “A” player performers that drive the organization to continuously streamline and simplify processes (automated and non-automated) improve customer experience and deliver our speed to market objectives.
- Diagnose business problems: combine internal business acumen with external knowledge of industry and customer needs to accurately diagnose underlying business issues/ challenges, and translate these issues into appropriate solutions. Stay informed through constant research on technical trends and practices. Know how to apply technical solutions in the most practical way that drives business performance.
- Build strategic solution agenda: Conceptualize and lead cross business, forward thinking capability improvement initiatives that supports the company’s efforts to better serve customer’s needs and provide new opportunities for business growth.
- Collaborate to drive thought leadership: proactively surface and explore issues of strategic importance; build and maintain strong partnerships with all areas of the enterprise.
- Inform and shape business decisions: Define, develop and deliver pragmatic business improvements and Influence stakeholders to act on the recommendations.
- Deliver business results: Seek new ways to apply technologies that create competitive advantage and form sources of value to GVW and portfolio companies Manage the resources, budgeting, utilization and P/L for the organization ensuring the organization is being run as a profitable growing business and take necessary short and long term actions to optimize the organization’s return on investment. Accountable for IT effectiveness and applying the right technology in the right way to drive efficiency in technology service provision while minimizing both risk and costs.
What are the requirements?
- 15 to 20 years of technology leadership experience preferred in at least two global distributed matrixed business environments, with direct responsibility to develop end-to-end business processes, technical architecture, application development, infrastructure management.
- CIO/CTO or similar head of technology level experience and responsibility
- The ability to demonstrate “out of the box” thinking and execution on problem solving.
- Experience managing a productivity (man-hour) based business
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments in manufacturing and non-manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Comprehensive knowledge of broad based industries, end-to-end processes and enabling information technologies at a high and detailed level.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories in support of the GVW business strategy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Demonstrated Excellence with written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture.
- Sound knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management
- Experience implementing highly automated technological processing environments.
- MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred
Where will you work? This position will be based in Birmingham, AL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc. The opportunity for growth within this evolving organization is excellent and is limited only by the performance of the successful candidate.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume