Business Systems Analyst
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Aculocity, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the data industry by putting the customers’ needs first. We custom-build software designed to deliver value to the customer, and integrate with existing systems and data to give the customer a holistic view of their business.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do as the Business Analyst for Aculocity?
Work with value stream and functional area leaders of the distinct business they support, to define and capture business/project requirements.
- Perform a liaison role between business stakeholders and development teams and staff
- Provide business stakeholders with perspective on overall road map and direction of critical systems so that short term requests can be fielded within the scope of long range planning
- Be prepared to present both pros and cons of business requests to stakeholders, explaining why some requests may or may not fit within the overall landscape and road map
- Provide a first point of contact to business stakeholders for potential needs and suggestions
- Work with the business stake holders and the Enterprise Architect to capture requirements and finalize application and systems designs
- Work with the Enterprise Architect and business stakeholders to generate prototypes for potential projects utilizing RAD tools (Mendix/Workflow)
- Work with the Enterprise Architect to generate Statements of Work
- Based upon their own experience and in conjunction with the enterprise architect and the president of Aculocity, elevate suggestions and solutions that help carry the business forward.
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers, the PMO office and development teams to help ensure delivery of products that meet agreed upon features and delivery schedule and work with development teams to quickly resolve questions of requirements for the business during development.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- Experience with ERP solutions, specifically the QAD platform
- Experience with Teamcenter or general Product Life Cycle systems experience
- Experience implementing software in a manufacturing environment
- Data analytics experience
- Previous experience in Rapid Applications Prototyping
- Significant experience in gathering and documenting project requirements
- Project management skills a plus
- Ability to work with a multitude of teams spread across an international company
Where will you work? The successful candidate will work out of Autocar’s Alabama Production Plant, located in Birmingham, Alabama and will report to our Director of Enterprise Architecture.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to include salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume