Material Handler Team Lead
Material Handler Lead
Who are We? Autocar Parts, LLC is a distributor of heavy duty truck aftermarket parts. Launched in 2010, the company is headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois with distribution centers throughout the United States. The kind of parts you choose for your truck will influence the type of service the vehicle will give you. Naturally, you desire to have a quality part that will not only guarantee them of reliable service but also durability. This is only achieved by installing the right part. A reliable product is not necessarily the least expensive. Our business is to help you make informed decisions. We have experienced resources that support OE, OEM and aftermarket options. We know there is no time, for downtime so stay up with us.
What will you do? We are seeking a firm, self-motivated, efficient, and meticulous Lead to join our growing team. As a Material Handler Lead with our organization, you will be responsible for learning and performing all of the team tasks including unloading and loading product deliveries, maintaining stock in the warehouse, and moving stock and other materials to fulfill orders.
The ideal candidate for the material handler lead position is a diligent lead who can direct team members as needed and complete tasks successfully with little to no guidance.
- Overall dedication to completing the daily tasks required, both directed and implied
- Work with Warehouse manager to organize training activities for warehouse
- Must be able to analyze reports; specifically around UPH (Units Per Hour) and other throughput metrics
- Utilize WMS (warehouse management system) metrics reporting and other tools to increase warehouse productivity
- Move freight and stock to and from loading docks, delivery vehicles, storage areas, and production areas either manually or using equipment such as trucks, pallet jack, or forklifts.
- Follow written or oral instructions regarding daily tasks and job duties.
- Stage products based on customer orders; assist in filling customer orders.
- Sort cargo during loading or unloading process and mark containers with identifying information.
- Stack cargo in specific locations using cargo boards or pallets.
- Document the numbers of units handled or moved each day using production sheets.
- Utilize protective devices—padding, straps, etc.—to prevent damage to items during transport.
- Implements and maintains 5S Principles and housekeeping standards in aisle ways and work area
- Operate machinery such as order picker, fork lift, pallet jack
- Follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Ability to work productively and effectively when faced with stressful situations, including maintaining effective interactions with others.
- Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed and foster a team climate that brings out the best in team members.
- Ability to generate alternative solutions when faced with a problem, and to evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative and select the most promising solution.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred
- At least one year of previous lead experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds at a time
- Forklift certification preferred
- Have the ability to complete basic math skills and computer knowledge
- Have the ability to read a tape measure in standard measurements. Metric measurements is a plus.
- Overtime may be required from time to time
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem solving skills
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills in English, who adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background screening (including criminal), verification of education and work history.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don’t reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
Where will you work? The Materials Handler Lead will work at 8181 National Turnpike, Louisville, Kentucky, from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Pay Rate: $16 per hour
What do we offer in benefits?
Autocar Parts offers an attractive compensation and benefits package: hourly wage and benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation, holidays, short term disability, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) plan.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume