Sales Operations Analyst
Do you want to be a Sales Operations Analyst?
Do you enjoy working with data and numbers? How about building of reports, key performance indicators and dashboards? Are you always looking for innovative ways to organize and present data points? Can you balance multiple projects at once and still cross the finish line? If so, then come join our team!
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy to do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
The Sales Operations Analyst will generate regularly scheduled reports as well as ad hoc requests and key performance indicators (KPIs) as required by the business. They will work with various departments within Autocar Parts such as Sales, E-Commerce, Marketing, Finance, and Sourcing to gather requirements, design, and implement reports. The Analyst will also present their findings to managers and leaders throughout Autocar Parts for input, changes, and feedback.
The Sales Operations Analyst actively looks for areas of process improvement or automation across the business and coordinates their findings to the Director of Sales Operations or other leaders.
This position is responsible for developing and executing both key performance indicator (KPI) reporting, scheduled reporting, as well as ad hoc requests on an as needed basis from stakeholders. This analysis when put into action will result in an increase of revenue and margin within the Autocar Parts business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Est. % of Time Spent on Each
- Design, build, and generate scheduled reports and KPIs for the Autocar Parts team.
- Create ad hoc reporting on an as needed basis for sales, marketing, e-commerce, and other departments.
- Make recommendations based on data points found in KPIs and ad hoc reports.
- Determines when automation of specific reports is needed and work with BI team to develop.
- Leads market intelligence gathering, research, competitive reporting.
- Develops/innovates sales and or marketing reporting that highlights opportunities for growth.
- Works to maintain and improve item categorization within the ERP.
- Engaging in ERP and knowing ins/outs of system along with how data is stored.
- Assist and teach team members in data organization, formulas, and other data related issues.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or another relevant field.
- 0-3 years of work experience or related degree in: pricing, purchasing, sales, finance, accounting, or data management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel including pivot tables, complex formulas, and macros via Visual Basic.
- Familiar with other reporting tools such as Crystal Reporting, Tableau, or QlikView.
- Familiar with digital reporting such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook metrics, and e-commerce statistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude, a passion to build, and a willingness to seek and learn new concepts.
- Biased toward action, a great collaborator and master simplifier, constantly pushing towards holistic, yet concise solutions or recommendations.
Where will you work?
This role is located at Autocar Parts’ headquarters in Highland Park, IL. Within walking distance to the Metra train station.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package - benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume