Do you want to be our controller?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile. It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
What will you do?
Contribute to the sustainable success of our organization by ensuring that our business is operating effectively and efficiently by managing the accounting and finance function, monitoring controls, providing and interpreting financial reports and data, and ensuring no surprises.
- Assure no surprises
- Maintain good corporate relations with customers, vendors, banking institutions, auditors, owner companies and other affiliates
- Protect company assets by ensuring proper procedures are followed for cash disbursements and receipts, government reporting and tax items.
- Develop and implement business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Build strong, cohesive and effective financial teams across companies and lead the accounting department staff and oversee all accounting and finance functions, ensuring quality control
- Confer with Chairman and senior leadership regarding budgeting and reviewing strategies to meet overall business goals and objectives
- Coordinate and prepare the budget, financial statements and forecasts and report variances, analyze financial data
- Maintain and reconcile the fixed assets to the to the general ledger of the company
- Prepare multiple state agency reports for tax purposes, comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Coordinate year-end audit with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit schedules, data, and information; work closely with accounting staff to coordinate efforts to provide necessary information to auditors, ensuring required information is readily available and maintaining the scope of the audit within prescribed boundaries
- Ensure that 401K contributions are made readily and timely
- Negotiate benefits offerings, insurance and workers compensation
What does it take to be part of our team?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 7+ years of GAAP based professional accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Past professional accounting experience in distribution setting a plus.
- Excellent Microsoft suite of products with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Excellent skills in using advanced financial reporting and budgeting tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
What else does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and people who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, you are self-made and you have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and do not reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
Where will you work? The Controller will be based in Miami, FL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include fixed base salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume