At Aculocity, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the data industry by putting the customers’ needs first. We custom-build software designed to deliver competitive advantage for customers, and integrate with existing systems and data to give the customer operational excellence.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
What will you do? We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. A successful candidate will involved in formalizing and supporting the data management strategy for the enterprise. This includes working with business, IT and engineering teams to formulate designs and solutions for business intelligence requirements. As a data engineer you will be required to translate the proposed solution into logical, reference, and physical diagrams to be used for implementation and be able to deploy optimized solutions to increase user experience.
Strategy & Planning
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, create technical artifacts, and determine the most efficient/appropriate solution design.
• Identify impacts to downstream systems.
• Work with the Enterprise Architect and integration developers to interpret, modify, and/or produce documented integration processes to ingest and/or provide data feeds to other business units.
• Translate data governance and quality into tangible, actionable business intelligence
Acquisition & Deployment
• Design and configure data-driven workflows, and develop supporting business rules.
• Help business users develop functional requirements for integration.
• Prepare documentation for code changes.
• Train and educate business, data stewards and developers around self-service business intelligence and the use of SSAS Cubes.
• Develop critical metrics and establish processes to continuously monitor data quality.
• Ensure the customer care strategy within the group is supported through the use of analytics and data science.
• Participate/Lead SCRUM activities for projects that affect shared data sources.
• Participate in project and communication meetings with clients.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work. Be the SQL guru to teams across the company.
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server and database management systems.
- Experience in design and deployment of a Microsoft BI implementation
- Highly driven and self-motivating.
- Achieve and maintain key performance indicators as agreed with management.
- Establish and enforce governance policies and procedures.
- Define, Design and work on implementation of the integration and BI strategy.
- Experience architecting and implementing both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experience in managing the lifecycle of data creation, integration and reporting
- Manage multiple dependencies and responsibilities within the DAMA framework.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree/Master degree preferred.
- Experienced within the manufacturing and/or automotive industry
- Experience working within a service based architecture making use of an enterprise services bus.
- 3+ years of related experience in Data Management.
- Proven use cases of successful implementations at previous clients.
- Experience with middleware integration, specifically Dell Boomi
Where will you work? This role will be based out of Durbanville, South Africa.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume