Financial Analyst / General Accountant
The Financial Analyst /Accountant will report directly to the Controller and be responsible for key financial analysis and assisting in managing the daily operation of the Company’s accounting function including systems, policies and practices.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Analysis and interpretation of market, industry, and business trends requiring management’s attention. Financial statement analysis & troubleshooting.
- Preparation and presentation of clear and informative financial and management reports including internal and external variance analysis, maintenance of fiscal records, and statistical reports.
- Proactively interact with various departments throughout the organization to provide information necessary to assist in their decision-making processes, improve profitability and maintain proper accounting procedures
- All general ledger accounting, month-end close, preparing and consolidating financial statements, account reconciliations, fixed assets, maintaining of reserves as well as establishing and maintaining internal controls and policies.
- Rapidly learn and document current accounting processes. Identify opportunities for process improvement; present evaluation and recommendations to management.
- Assist with all external audit activity with banks and tax auditors including all planning, preparation, data gathering and on-site management required.
- Assist in daily banking operations including completing bank reporting.
- Perform additional duties and assist with other projects upon request from management.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in finance/ general accounting with some supervisory responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Manufacturing and Engineering experience is required. Specific knowledge of the Truck or Automotive industry is a definite plus.
- An understanding of inventory management and standard cost practices would be advantageous.
- To understand complex manufacturing and engineering processes
- To analyze financial results and competitive business models
- To initiate process change through comprehensive analysis and teamwork
- To work independently
The successful candidate will:
- Be hands-on, detail-oriented and have a passion for accuracy,
- Possess a restless curiosity
- Display unquestioned integrity.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills,
- Effective at time management
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume