Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Do you want to be the sourcing specialist at Autocar parts?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling. It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
- The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing strategy to source goods to support our business.
- This role will perform analysis in order to select suppliers and negotiate best value for our business.
- Provide supplier relationship management and contract compliance management, including maximization of financial deliverables and risk mitigation.
- This role will also work within procurement to execute purchase orders and resolve issues.
- Create annual sourcing plans; develop, plan and execute complex sourcing strategies by partnering with the business to define desired outcomes, conduct industry analysis, identify strategic cost reduction opportunities, explore alternatives, and assess impact of alternatives.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with other sister business units to ensure alignment with business unit and sourcing strategy objectives.
- Understand business unit budget for coming year to leverage opportunities
- Consult with stakeholders to create best contractual outcome including strong legal and business terms and meaningful performance indicators and/or service levels.
- Develop strong supplier relationships to drive effectiveness and value against the planned strategies; facilitate supplier reviews; generate continuous improvement ideas.
- Interact with and provide reporting to Senior Leadership
- Lead Working Teams to complete Request for Proposal’s and negotiations
- Facilitate and coordinate activities associated with the execution of the sourcing process including, but not limited to, the preparation and execution of a RFP/RFQ, recommendations based on supplier responses, project summaries/business case results, supplier communication, etc.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Develop expertise in product knowledge, industry knowledge and impacts, and market trends.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to manage supplier performance and support long term strategy (i.e., develop supplier scorecards and regular supplier reviews).
- Develop expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate the most favorable pricing, contract terms and conditions for GVW.
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Private Label sourcing with a strong relationship and interface with Marketing and National Accounts.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-functional, and analytical skills
- Problem-solver who can multi-task, with great attention to detail
- Ability to focus through chaos and organization change
- Deep knowledge of Parts change management system and products, including options to fulfill need with alternate materials
- Business and financial acumen
Where will you work? The Sourcing Specialist will be based out of our headquarters in Rolling Meadows, IL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume