Who Are We Looking For? Autocar is looking for a highly motivated Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all facets of the plant and facility maintenance as well as production maintenance and repairs.
This position is responsible for performing highly diverse duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment, building and structural maintenance to support the achievement of the business goals.
- Perform mechanical or electrical maintenance for all departments as required to maintain the operation.
- Read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical prints and wiring schematics
- Machinery repair and trouble shooting
- Electrical(commercial applications)
- Plumbing (commercial applications)
- Complete weekly preventative maintenance tasks on plant equipment and facilities, auxiliary tasks and work ticket requests.
- Emergency fabrication and rework of production parts as needed
- Daily opening and closing of operation
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Some combination of the following skills: welding, electrical, plumbing, machining, fabrication, machine repair and general maintenance knowledge.
- A solid working knowledge of computers, email, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem solving skills
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Problem solving skills
- A person who adapts to frequent changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and can be flexible and nimble when unexpected events arise.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background screening
- On call, nights and weekends
- Use of personal equipment and vehicles
- Shift: 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily, occasional Saturdays; hours may be adjusted
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume