Value Stream Leader
Do you want to be A VALUE STREAM LEADER at Autocar?
What will you do?
Autocar has an opportunity for Value Stream Leaders in the Birmingham facility. We are looking for LEAN, process-minded people leaders with experience in ensuring production functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces. You will develop and guide the manufacturing team with full accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, productivity, quality and cost for a multi-station operation. You will be a mini plant manager having full accountability for your assigned work stations.
The selected individual will need to be able to lead across departments and interact daily with other value stream teams in order to achieve the value stream goals aligned to the organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide value stream leadership and problem solving by driving LEAN ideas, processes and methodologies while respecting the effective processes of the past. Identify and evaluate fundamental issues for functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
- Direct value stream members to achieve value stream initiatives and strategies, ensure high-quality output, and foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Provide continuous improvement leadership to value stream personnel to deliver sustainable improvements to value stream operations by eliminating process waste and removing variation.
- Enhance quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations. Oversee, identify and manage customer quality issues and collaborate with internal teams on root cause analysis. Maintain quality, safety and regulatory compliance relating to the production facility.
- Support manufacturing Planning Analysis (Capacity and Capability Planning) for short and long range planning needs
- Demonstrate successful application of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving and QS9000.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with employees and management. Establish mechanisms to ensure high levels of collaboration across the value stream.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of value stream team and take appropriate actions to ensure long-term health, productivity, and a high performance culture. Ensure appropriate skills and staffing levels are maintained.
- Track key value stream performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams. Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering in a leadership role
- Prior Management experience of direct or indirect factory or support personnel
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- Experience with unit hour performance, cost account management or other budgetary responsibility
- BS/BA in Engineering preferably manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering technology, or BS in Operations/Manufacturing
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Manufacturing or industrial engineering and supervisory experience in the heavy duty truck environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Who are we? Autocar is the only American truck manufacturer focused on trucks for severe-duty vocational applications. But above all, Autocar is focused on our customers: Our trucks help our customers to be more successful and to achieve their challenging objectives.
Autocar’s hundreds of customers include every national waste-hauling fleet, major cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, and Charlotte, and many of the largest retailers and freight handlers in North America.
As the industry's technology and innovation leader, Autocar has forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison, Cummins, ArvinMeritor, Hendrickson among others, and has delivered more natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Autocar is the oldest motor vehicle manufacturer in the United States and built America's first truck, in 1899. A proudly American-owned company, Autocar is headquartered in Hagerstown, Indiana and is affiliated with GVW Group, based in Highland Park, Illinois.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don’t reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
Where will you work? The Value Stream Leaders will be based in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume