As a pre-construction Intern at the Real Estate companies of the GVW group, you will work on exciting matters involving many facets of our business with a talented and collaborative group of in-house real estate and other team members. You are energetic, proactive, and a team player – ready to contribute to initiatives that influence all aspects of GVW’s business and work with employees and agents across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, and you will learn and grow in your role in the GVW’s Real Estate companies. Our companies are asset class agnostic and look for deep value with upside. We have 1.5 million square feet under management and looking at adding to that every day. We have industrial, retail, multi-family, and development sites all in the portfolio. This is a great opportunity to gain insight into how a real estate shop operates.
What your responsibilities look like as a pre-construction intern:
- Get familiar with a project in motion developing single family houses
- Get and understanding of an industrial park
- Be familiar with the scope of the 2 projects
- Understand the micro markets where these properties are located
- Get familiar with engineering companies and grading companies in the area
- Understand zoning laws in both jurisdictions
- Be comfortable operating a drone
Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Est. % of Time Spent on Each
30 days in
- Visit both sites and get familiar with the zoning in each area. Carry the single-family housing project to engineering and site work. Drone other development sites. Get familiar with industrial park area and zoning. Get a list of engineering companies and grading companies in areas.
60 days in.
- Get a handle on industrial park. The multi family should be progressing and have around 16 weeks until next step. Zero in on engineering firms and grading work. Get everything started to take an rfp for bid to get the scope of work.
- Execute on finding an engineering company for industrial park!
- Junior or Senior pursing a Bachelor's program in Real Estate, Engineering or a related program required at an accredited college or university.
- Advance proficiency in Excel, including building models and data analysis.
- A strong analytical thought process with sound judgement and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work effectively in a small team contributing to areas beyond direct scope of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong project management skills, including the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Fall or Winter Semester Internship
15-20 hours per week
$300 stipend per semester
Why is this an awesome internship?
We’re a high energy, fast-paced, competitive and fun group and this is an incredible opportunity to gain valuable experience and be part of a potential hyper-growth company in the Commercial Real Estate space. If you’re the best and the brightest and have a passion for Commercial Real Estate,-join us to see what it takes to get a project done.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume