Assistant to the President
Assistant to the President
Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant provides experienced, detail-oriented, deadline-driven administrative support and coordination to the President of the company. The position requires an organized, politely assertive, articulate professional who can interact effectively with the President and other executives, and work collaboratively with his/her colleagues. The position requires clarity of thought, exemplary communication skills and tactfulness, superior organizational skills, ability to be discreet, ability to manage complex and competing priorities, attention to detail, strong customer service orientation, strong character, and flexibility. The ideal person for the job is someone who responds positively to work challenges and proactively solves problems. The position will require occasional late evenings and weekends.
- Calendar and Management: Manage all aspects of President’s calendar for internal and external meetings, with particular attention to the details of the President’s schedule. Assist in coordinating schedules for candidate interviews. This requires initiative and appropriate discretion with the President’s and business colleagues and requires careful tracking of commitments, prioritizing business requests, and accommodating daily changes to the schedule. The objective is to keep the President on track in the midst of competing demands and shifting priorities.
- Travel Management: Air and ground transportation and complex logistics, hotel accommodations, and client meeting agendas. This requires detailed knowledge of meeting and accommodation locations and travel times as well as the President’s preferences and expectations.
- Meeting Management: Coordinate management team meetings, including communications, material development, meeting planning, reserving meeting space, and post-meeting follow up review. Pick up/ prepare lunch and/or plan luncheons.
- Telephone Calls: Serve as back-up to the receptionist as available to answer, screen, and route incoming calls for the office. Troubleshoot, make independent judgments or referrals, or redirect to provide solutions to issues raised or identified.
- Correspondence and Documents: Support the President through drafting, proofing, and/or editing confidential correspondence on a routine basis; ensure all legal and finance documents are signed and recorded.
- Expense Management: Track and report expenses
- Office management: Purchase employee gifts, candidate travel coordination, order supplies/food, provide lunch on an as-need, potentially daily basis, mailings, maintain office appearance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in providing senior administrative support to C-level executive(s) is required.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, including impeccable verbal and written communication skills, exceptional proofreading and copy editing skills
- Proactive, self-starter capable of advanced planning and ability to anticipate the needs of busy executives
- Time and task management skills
- Results orientation with high expectations for quality and accuracy
- Flexibility and willingness to handle new and different tasks and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment; critical thinker, communicative, and consultative problem solver
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly with Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Is collaborative and can work with a variety of people at all levels
- Ability to think and plan multiple steps ahead
- Cool, calm demeanor under stress
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of a base salary and other benefits.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume