Do you want to be a Systems Administrator for Aculocity?
Who are we? Aculocity is a GVW Group, LLC company.
• Based in Highland Park, Illinois, GVW Group, LLC is a dynamic industrial holding company dedicated to growing and starting businesses. Since 1993, with our entrepreneurial approach as a private investment and holding company, we build value for our six operating companies. We grow companies and provide strategic expertise for scalable early stage, high growth, and mid-sized businesses. Along the way, we have expanded globally into diverse industries ranging from manufacturing, distribution, technology, big data, engineering and energy efficiency.
What will you do as the System Administrator for Aculocity?
• The System Administrator will be part of a team supporting over 400 users in technologically mixed, dynamic and demanding operating environment. System infrastructure is primarily utilizes Windows environment while Linux/UNIX hosts are present and being used extensively. Main computing hardware emphasis is made on Hewlett-Packard equipment while CISCO is a primary network hardware vendor.
• Team member’s area of responsibility will include but not limited to day to day end user requests, system and network architecture and support tasks, new technologies research, working out and development of new projects research, and more. There may be 5% to 10% of travel.
Proficient system engineer for Microsoft servers and R&D with general understanding of all aspects of IS infrastructure and strength in one or more of the following areas:
• Telephony and VOIP
• SAN and storage
• IIS, Load Balancing and web technologies.
• Software R&D support.
• Enterprise MDM (AirWatch)
• Mobile Telephony (Android, iOS, BlackBerry)
• Strong skills and experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex infrastructure, server and application issues including root cause analysis, stabilization and remediation.
• • Ability to communicate and work effectively with other IS teams as well as individuals and vendors in other countries.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
Must have a minimum of a College degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Advanced Certification: MCSE, CCNP, or other industry recognized advanced certification.
Knowledge & Skills
• The individual should demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, and have the ability to achieve results through others.
• Must have a demonstrated and visible client advocacy focus and excellent client relationship skills.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex issues
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with little manager oversight.
• Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and utilize IS operations resources efficiently.
• Ability to analyze, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and advise management on options for operational improvement.
• Ability to utilize company-specific policies and practices for planning and administration of budget.
• Effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions in a disciplined and systematic fashion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and documentation, are critical.
• Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
• Must be highly organized with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to lift 35 lbs. to mount servers and networking equipment
• Proactive philosophy towards network management
• Ability and willingness to provide support during off hours when necessary.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft products including
• Windows 2008, 2012, 2008/12R2
• Exchange 2010 - 365/2016 is a plus
• Skype for Business (former. Lync)
• Active Directory
• Backup and Recovery concepts and techniques (Backup Exec, Acronis)
• Networking concepts
• Cisco routing/switching
• Familiarity with Server and Workstation/Notebook Hardware.
• Familiarity with Server Virtualization (VMWare)
• Data storage equipment (NetApp, HP)
• Monitoring and logging (SolarWinds, Ms-Monitoring)
• Hardware diagnostics and repair (HP Proliant servers)
• Plus (Extra points)
• VOIP telephony in general and Shoretel Call Manager in particular
• Basic HVAC and UPS knowledge
• Linux Knowledge
1. Work with Architects, Developers, other infrastructure engineers and technicians to support 24x7 availability and required performance levels and SLAs for all infrastructure and systems including applications, database systems, infrastructure, networking, telecommunications and security systems.
2. Investigate and perform root cause analysis on production infrastructure issues and recommend short and long term remediation activities
3. Manage all assigned infrastructure areas; Identify, recommend, schedule, and implement network and server improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
4. Support design, operation and testing of the Disaster Recovery site.
5. Configure and Deploy IP Phones, update Call Manager and OCS to support new or changed telephony needs.
6. Deploy networking equipment including Cisco switches, routers, WAN equipment, F5 Load Balancers and more.
7. Installation and support of Server Hardware and software: HP and Dell
8. Manage Backups using Symantec Backup Exec.
9. Provide support as necessary for off-site meetings such as the Managers Assembly.
10. Use third party software to monitor and log Windows and Unix systems
11. Create accounts for Active Directory Domains and Unix systems
12. Create Exchange email accounts
13. Works to ensure established Service Level Agreements in areas of responsibility are met.
14. Develop comprehensive technical, network and operational documentation (network diagrams, technical procedures, etc.).
15. Implement policies, procedures, and technologies leveraging industry standards to improve operations and compliance.
16. Maintain and manage the inventory of assets
17. Provide occasional end user support
18. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Three years’ prior experience with server, telephony and network infrastructure engineering and operations, preferably in a global organization including day-to-day operational requirements, planned changes and their impact, and measurement of performance against service level agreements.
Minimum 4 years’ relevant information technology experience/server and network support.
What else does it take to be a part of our team?
Where will you work?
This position is located in the Global Headquarters of GVW Group, LLC in Highland Park Illinois.
What is in it for you?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume