Strategic Sourcing Leader
Do you want to be A
Strategic Sourcing LEADER at Autocar?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
At Autocar, we fight for the driver’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more up-time, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around the clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do? As Strategic Sourcing Leader, you will be part of a diverse supply chain team responsible for creating and implementing sourcing strategies for all components used in Autocar trucks. You will lead a strong team of purchasing professionals focused on building positive relationships with both internal and external customers. You will build a plan that focuses on obtaining competitive pricing and identifying and executing cost reduction strategies. You will lead negotiations for selected components and support your team on others to build the foundation of long term contracts with key suppliers. You will need to understand the market and forecast pricing trends to achieve budget and financial goals. You will build relationships with all areas of the business including sales, operations and engineering.
• Develop and implement a commodity strategies
• Implement those strategies to source new parts at competitive prices which meet program targets.
• Forecast and manage costs of current parts
• Identify and execute cost reduction strategies
• Support internal and external customer need while building lasting relationships.
• Support your team to develop contract terms that benefit Autocar’s business needs and provide a competitive advantage
• Achieve annual cost reduction goals
• Lead the identification of new technologies, materials and components aligned with the company technical roadmap that will result in a competitive advantage for Autocar
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
• Bachelor's degree required
• Desire to apply skills and knowledge to lead the Autocar commodity purchasing team and develop outstanding and viable relationships
• Proven track record of leading organizations and achieving results
• Strong technical background – either technical degree or significant hands-on experience
• 5 to 10 years supply chain, purchasing or buying experience with a high volume and highly complex product
• Experience in utilizing fact based data to drive decisions
• Self-starter and quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem solving skills
Where will you work? This role is located at Autocar®, LLC, in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume