Network & Systems Administrator
The Network and Systems Administrator will be part of a team supporting over 400 users in technologically mixed, dynamic and demanding operating environment. System infrastructure is primarily utilizes Windows environment while Linux/UNIX hosts are present and being used extensively. Main computing hardware emphasis is made on Hewlett-Packard equipment while CISCO is a primary network hardware vendor.
Team member’s area of responsibility will include but not limited to day to day end user requests, system and network architecture and support tasks, new technologies research, working out and development of new projects research, and more.
• Proficient system engineer for Microsoft servers and R&D with general understanding of all aspects of IS infrastructure and strength in one or more of the following areas:
• Strong skills and experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex infrastructure, server and application issues including root cause analysis, stabilization and remediation.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with other IS teams as well as individuals and vendors in other countries.
Must have a minimum of a College degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Advanced Certification: MCSE, CCNP, or other industry recognized advanced certification.
Knowledge & Skills
• The individual should demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, and have the ability to achieve results through others.
• Must have a demonstrated and visible client advocacy focus and excellent client relationship skills.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex issues
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with little manager oversight.
• Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and utilize IS operations resources efficiently.
• Ability to analyze, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and advise management on options for operational improvement.
• Ability to utilize company-specific policies and practices for planning and administration of budget.
• Effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions in a disciplined and systematic fashion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and documentation, are critical.
• Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
• Must be highly organized with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to lift 35 lbs. to mount servers and networking equipment
• Proactive philosophy towards network management
• Ability and willingness to provide support during off hours when necessary.
• Knowledge of Microsoft products including
• Backup and Recovery concepts and techniques (Backup Exec, Acronis)
• Networking concepts
• Familiarity with Server and Workstation/Notebook Hardware.
• Familiarity with Server Virtualization (VMWare)
• Data storage equipment (NetApp, HP)
• Monitoring and logging (SolarWinds, Ms-Monitoring)
• Hardware diagnostics and repair (HP Proliant servers)
• Plus (Extra points)
Three years’ prior experience with server, telephony and network infrastructure engineering and operations, preferably in a global organization including day-to-day operational requirements, planned changes and their impact, and measurement of performance against service level agreements.
Minimum 4 years’ relevant information technology experience/server and network support.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume