Chief Analytics Officer
GVW Group is a dynamic, private investment company dedicated to investing in, growing and starting businesses. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them. We cultivate an entrepreneurial environment that fosters growth through “out-of-the-box” ideas. Our next mission is to build our new venture of data analytics that will support our portfolio companies, are you ready to lead this venture?
We are looking for an analytics manager to join our growing team of data analytics experts and manage the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis. The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. The Analytics Manager will work closely with leaders across our portfolio companies, products, sales, and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. They will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company’s data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support our business outcomes. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company’s and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple fields and projects, teams and business units.
The ideal candidate has a depth of knowledge and leadership experience in quantitative analytic methods, data management, visualization, and programming skills suitable to drive data driven decisions. This position researches, models, implements and validates algorithms (predictive and prescriptive) to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. The ideal candidate needs to have an entrepreneur mindset; he/she will know how to establish a new business unit.
As the General Manager of the Analytics Center of Excellence, you will lead a group of Data Scientists that will bring a unique perspective to the table and contribute to building a results-oriented, high-performance culture of accountability focused on people, products, and process. The successful General Manger will implement key performance indicators with strong emphasis on ROI, will share the same vision as our shareholders. The General Manager will lead his team to tactfully challenges the status quo, enjoys complex challenges, utilize a “Big Thinking” approach, and relentlessly seeks creative solutions to help service the customer.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- A degree in a quantitative field, i.e. statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or other related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in a data science related field.
- Experience in managing a team of data scientists.
- Experience to work with data sets within one or more focus areas: Sales & Marketing, Operations/Supply Chain, Telematics or Aftermarket Parts.
- Work experience in the Automotive Industry a plus.
- 5+ years of working experience in either Python or R, able to query data using SQL.
- Experience working with cloud based computing platforms like AWS.
- Proficient in visualization tools like Power Business Intelligence (BI) or Tableau;
- Experience in data mining, advanced data manipulation, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Ability to explore data sets and identify the data transformation and data quality needs for targeted applications.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude, a passion to build, and a willingness to seek and learn new concepts.
- An iterative approach to developing data science solutions through continuous improvement.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Outstanding and proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 3 years of experience leading a team. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with testing tools such as Adobe Test & Target
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
- C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Key skills & proficiencies:
- Self-starter; Able to solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Team Player
- Willing to take initiative;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy;
- High level of Integrity;
- Developing Standards
- Process Improvement
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume