Position Title: Data Engineer
What is the position’s mission: Deliver information to the business in a concise, timely, accurate and unbiased manner in support of the overall business strategy.
Do you want to be a Data Engineer? Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
We are looking for a Data Engineer that is passionate about data, automation, data quality and business strategy. A combination of business acumen, analytical problem-solving and technical skills are essential for this role.
You will work across multiple business teams to deliver business insights, improve data quality, and promote the use of data within the organization. This requires a thorough understanding of business objectives and key results, complex data architecture, advanced report and dashboard creation and the ability to assist IT and the business with defining requirements and processes.
- A degree in a quantitative field, i.e. statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or another related field.
- 2-4 years’ work experience with SSIS/SSAS or ADF/AAS
- Working experience with reporting tools like Cognos, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik etc.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL, optimization, developing ETL strategies.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of database and data warehousing principles (e.g. OLAP, Data Marts, Star Schema, lambda/kappa architectures)
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. Python highly advantages
- Knowledge of event-based systems: e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ etc. an advantage
- Knowledge of working with stream data pipeline frameworks or solutions e.g. Apache Flink, Beam, Dataflow, Databricks etc. an advantage
- Knowledge of cloud data platforms an advantage
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Experience within the Automotive and/or manufacturing industry a plus.
- Experience with agile or other development methodologies - Agile, Kanban or Scrum
- Collects, aggregates, and analyzes data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance.
- Produces actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Enhances data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Communicates complex findings and insights to stakeholders and provides business strategy recommendations to optimize business performance
- Provides reporting solutions and responds to ad-hoc report requests as needed.
- Educates and/or trains business partners on operational use of reporting solutions.
- Assist with segmenting, profiling, matching, de-duplication, and standardization of master data.
Key skills & proficiencies:
- Self-starter with ability to successfully plan, organize, and execute assigned initiatives with minimal guidance and direction.
- Strong listening, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct business systems analysis and prepare business requirement specifications with respect to data related business processes.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex concepts, features, and benefits of analyses to any audience
- Willing to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits high attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy.
- High level of Integrity.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task effectively
- Proactive, results-oriented, and can-do attitude extremely desirable
- The ability and willingness to do a variety of different tasks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume