Technology Durbanville, South Africa
Position at GVW Group, LLC
Are you someone that likes to challenge the status quo, enjoy complex challenges and thinks Big? Are you passionate about harnessing the power of data to gain business insights and drive business value?
We are looking for a Data Scientist that is eager to learn new skills, has the ability to grasp complex concepts and is completely dedicated to the data science craft. We will rely on your depth of knowledge in quantitative analytic methods, data management, visualization and programming skills to uncover valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with an aptitude for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data.
As a member of the Analytics Center of Excellence, you will bring a unique perspective to the table and contribute to building a results-oriented, high-performance culture of accountability focused on people, products, and process.
- Collect, structure, and analyze a broad range of both internal and external data relevant to the business such as economic, industry, product, customer, supplier, and competitor.
- Explore and visualize data to understand the features that have relevance or are meaningful to the business.
- Apply business-relevant statistical, machine learning, or deep learning approaches to solve business challenges
- Design, implement, and validate data systems and solutions.
- Provide data-driven recommendations and insights for cross-functional projects to executive leadership.
- Reveal hidden business opportunities, quantify risks, and optimally deploy company resources to grow profitably.
- A degree in a quantitative field, i.e. statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or other related field.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a data science related field.
- Experience to work with data sets within one or more focus areas: Sales & Marketing, Operations/Supply Chain, Telematics or Aftermarket Parts.
- Work experience in the Automotive Industry a plus.
- 2+ years of working experience in either Python or R, able to query data using SQL.
- Experience working with cloud based computing platforms like AWS.
- Proficient in visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau;
- Experience in data mining, advanced data manipulation, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Ability to explore data sets and identify the data transformation and data quality needs for targeted applications.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude, a passion to build, and a willingness to seek and learn new concepts.
- An iterative approach to developing data science solutions through continuous improvement.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Outstanding and proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment.
Key skills & Proficiencies:
- Self-starter; Able to solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Team Player
- Willing to take initiative;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy;
- High level of Integrity;
- Developing Standards
- Process Improvement
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume