Current Products Engineer
Do you want to be a Current Products Engineer at Autocar?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
As a Current Products Engineer, you will liaise between the design engineering team and the assembly line, supporting day to day line queries as well as providing engineering support for validations of new designs and projects.
• A formal technical/engineering qualification is a pre-requisite.
• One to two years of experience on the Autocar or any other HD truck production line, in a team lead/supervisory or manufacturing engineering role will be a definite advantage, but is not a pre-requisite.
• A thorough working knowledge of Team Center Engineering software as well as the MS Office Suite and UG CAD software
• Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem-solving skills.
• Team player with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and brake system schematics.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Where will you work?
The Current Products Engineer role will be based in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include fixed base salary, variable compensation, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement and 401K plan.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume