Do you want to be our warehouse supervisor?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
Who are We? Autocar Parts, LLC is a distributor of heavy duty truck aftermarket parts. Launched in 2010, the company is headquartered in Highland Park, Illinois with distribution centers throughout the United States. The kind of parts you choose for your truck will influence the type of service the vehicle will give you. Naturally, you desire to have a quality part that will not only guarantee them of reliable service but also durability. This is only achieved by installing the right part. A reliable product is not necessarily the least expensive. Our business is to help you make informed decisions. We have experienced resources that support OE, OEM and aftermarket options. We know there is no time, for downtime so stay up with us.
What will you do? We are seeking a self-motivated, efficient, and meticulous Warehouse Supervisor to join our growing team. As a Warehouse Supervisor with our organization, you will be responsible for learning and performing all of the team tasks including unloading and loading product deliveries, maintaining stock in the warehouse, and moving stock and other materials to fulfill orders.
- Coordinates and supervises all phases of warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities. 75% of time will be spent on the Warehouse Floor actively managing activities.
- Supervises assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
- Assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in warehouse
- Establishes and monitors employee’s work schedules to meet needs of business.
- Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Track and account for all incoming and outgoing products
- Perform various inventory counts; order supplies and materials as needed
- Supervise all forklift operations
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment in all operational areas of the facility
- Maintain shipping documentation, manifests, and receipts; enter relevant data in reports as needed
- Ensure that shipment materials match packing lists before dispatching orders
- Assist in the hiring, onboarding and training process of new warehouse staff
- Ensure proper transport, packaging, and placement of products
- Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfillment system
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management preferred
- At least two years of previous supervisory experience in a warehouse environment including LTL and full cycle distribution.
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds at a time
- Forklift certification or ability to successfully complete forklift training and operate machinery safely according to company protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and data entry systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills, adapts to changes in the work environment, manages and meets competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to pass a drug test and background screening (including criminal), verification of education and reference check
Where will you work? The Warehouse Supervisor will work at 8181 National Turnpike, Louisville, Kentucky, 12:00pm – 9:00pm plus additional hours as business needs require.
What do we offer in benefits? Autocar Parts offers an attractive compensation and benefits package to include fixed salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume