Information Security Analyst
DOMINATE YOUR DATA
Information Security Analyst
The Information Security Analyst is an individual contributor focused on the administrative, governance and operational support aspects of the GVW Group information security program. The Information Security Analyst will continually assess and improve program maturity through the application of an organizational security framework and promoting program initiatives. The Information Security Analyst will support the evaluation, development, and implementation of security policies, procedures, and guidelines covering a broad range of program components to include risk management, vulnerability management, penetration testing, training and awareness, Identity and Access Management (IAM), and compliance support. The Information Security Analyst is expected to be familiar with applicable security regulations, standards, industry best practices, and collaborate with other teams to facilitate necessary changes.
- Align with and support the execution of the information security program vision/strategy and promote security projects and initiatives
- Assist in the advancement of the information security program through a continuous audit, control gap analysis, risk assessments, policy/procedure development, and incident response support
- Understand current and emerging security threats and contribute to security architecture design enhancements
- Assist in facilitating information security awareness and training efforts to promote a culture of security throughout the organization.
- Work in close collaboration with other IT teams and business stakeholders to assess existing controls and supporting processes
- Maintain a working knowledge of organizational information security policies, standards, and procedures based on industry best practices and compliance requirements
- Assist in the information security incident response process as applicable
- Assist in supporting internal and external audits and compliance efforts
- Support security architecture efforts and provide administrative support for various security solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Security industry certification (e.g. Security+, CISA, CISM, CISSP) preferred
- 3+ years of experience in multiple IT disciplines
- Direct information security experience preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Experience in server, network, database, and application security hardening
- Experience with an emphasis on the design of security solutions and/or project management
- Risk assessment and mitigation strategy experience
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A foundational understanding of IT infrastructure and life-cycle support
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Attention to detail, organized and able to work and research independently
- Analytical thinking: Tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Organization and Planning: Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. Focus on key priorities and get these done.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Thoroughness: Ensure that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Written Communication: Express oneself clearly in business writing.
Where will you work? This role is located at the Autocar Truck facility in Birmingham, AL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume