Do you want to be a Process Engineer at Autocar?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the driver’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more uptime, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around the clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do? The Process Engineer is responsible for manufacturing engineering, industrial and process engineering related functions within his/her scope of responsibility at Autocar. Key functions include day-to-day production and quality support, facilities and tooling development, project management and introducing new products/options into production. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to readily adjust to changing priorities, is innovative and self-driven and has a hands-on approach to problem solving while working well within a team.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET), Industrial Engineering Technology (IET)or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experiencein manufacturing environment, preferably assembly in the automotive or heavy truck industry
- Experience in Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, 5S and visual management
- Understanding of time study/line balancing
- Strong work ethic, great attitude and willingness to learn
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environmentwith the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Production-orientedand hands-on
- Effective communicatoracross all levels of the organization
- Experience with Labworks programming a plus
- MS Officeproficiency
- Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks Composer, and NX Unigraphicsa plus
Where will you work? This position will be located at our plant in Birmingham, AL
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume