Senior Corporate Counsel
Do you want to be our Senior Corporate Counsel?
Who Are We? Autocar is a leader in the commercial vehicle industry with longstanding domestic operations. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the next generation of commercial vehicles.
What will you do? What will you do?
GVW Group is looking for a team-oriented attorney with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience for an in-house counsel position. The position will provide legal support for a broad range of day-to-day commercial, human resources, compliance, regulatory and other matters and initiatives supporting GVW and its portfolio businesses (including Autocar).
The successful candidate will work out of GVW’s affiliate location in Birmingham, Alabama at Autocar, and will report to our General Counsel.
• Key contributor in a highly collaborative legal team based outside of Birmingham
• Initial contact with business and operational personnel
• Project attorney on a variety of matters on behalf of GVW Group and its affiliate companies.
• Support human resource, recruiting and compliance personnel in connection all issues relevant to a manufacturing and services work force.
• Drive and lead business proposals, project-related documents and agreements; and lead internal and external negotiations to ensure that Company business objectives are clearly identified; and strategies are analyzed, developed and achieved.
• Draft, analyze, reviews, and revises in multiple iterations supply and other commercial contracts and related documents to enable maximum value creation and leverage.
• Provide risk analyses and assessments, and offer solutions that minimize risk while optimizing achievement of objectives.
• Lead efforts with respect to development of, and compliance with, internal policies, business transactions, and regulatory bodies.
• Provides assistance to other attorneys as assigned, and leads and supports internal staff.
• Conducts legal research as necessary, and utilizes resourcefulness to gather necessary facts, data or insights.
• Develops and shares knowledge with others, both within and outside the Legal team.
• Stays current on relevant law, methods, systems and compliance requirements with respect to domestic and international transactions.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
• CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
• PROACTIVE: You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
• RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
• ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don’t reinvent the wheel.
• GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
• SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
• HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
Where will you work? Our Senior Support Counsel will work in the Birmingham, Alabama plant located at 4680 Pinson Valley Parkway.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume