Senior Corporate Counsel
Do you want to be our Senior Corporate Counsel?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At GVW Group, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
What will you do?
As Senior Corporate Counsel, you’ll join the GVW Group team of attorneys to provide legal support to our portfolio of businesses. You will be responsible for a very broad spectrum of day-to-day commercial, human resources, compliance, regulatory, government relations at the state and federal level and other matters. You will be an onsite resource at our largest portfolio company, Autocar and report to our General Counsel. This role presents an opportunity to broaden your range of skills over all areas of the law and to join a unique, collaborative, growing organization.
- Being a key contributor in a highly collaborative legal team based in Chicagoland
- Acting as the initial contact with business and operational personnel
- Generalist attorney on a variety of matters on behalf of GVW Group and its portfolio
- Supporting human resource, recruiting and compliance personnel in all issues relevant to a manufacturing and services work force.
- Driving business proposals, project-related documents and agreements; and leading internal and external negotiations to ensure that Company business objectives are clearly identified; and strategies are analyzed, developed and achieved.
- Drafting, analyzing, reviewing, and revising in multiple iterations supply and other commercial contracts and related documents to enable maximum value creation and leverage.
- Providing risk analyses and assessments, and offer solutions that minimize risk while optimizing achievement of objectives.
- Leading development of, and compliance with, internal policies, business transactions, and regulatory bodies.
- Providing assistance to other attorneys as assigned, and leading and supporting internal staff.
- Conducting legal research as necessary, and utilizes resourcefulness to gather necessary facts, data or insights.
- Developing and sharing knowledge with others, both inside and outside the Legal team.
- Staying current on relevant law, methods, systems and compliance requirements with respect to domestic and international transactions.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- 5 to 10 years of relevant legal experience
- Acumen in more than one area of the law (compliance + contracts, for example)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High sense of urgency and strong follow through
- Flexibility and ability to multitask
- Collaborative, team oriented mindset
Where will you work? Our Senior Corporate Counsel will work at Autocar’s headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume