Associate to the Chairman
Associate to the Chairman
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At GVW Group, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
If you are adept at hard analytical and soft people skills, and able to adapt to rapidly changing business needs, then this job can provide a great deal of personal satisfaction. Strengths in strategic thinking, business process assessment, measurement and re-engineering are critical to this role. The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Work with the company's senior executive leadership to define, develop, and deliver strategic and operational initiatives.
- Lead initiatives on growth strategy, business performance and operational excellence
- Lead cross-functional, cross company teams to drive results and value realization.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Analyze industry trends, competitive threats and market growth opportunities
- Model operational and financial impacts
- Synthesize disparate information throughout the transaction process and reconcile differences to identify potential issues in diligence, and ensure that transaction assumptions and diligence results are consistent. This process requires skilled decision making in assessing and triaging key information.
- Assess risk & develop mitigation strategies as they relate to people, process, and technology modernization.
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and independent work
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Enthusiasm and tenacity to drive independent projects to completion
Additional responsibilities of this role include:
- Prospect new acquisition targets with in a designated profile that meets the buy and hold strategy of the company.
- First contact with an identified company CEO/Owner to inquire about whether or not they have thought about a Merger and Acquisition activity for their company.
- Efficiently manage prospect pipeline to produce the maximum amount of results.
- Manage the communications and engagement with the seller from the time of first call through to Due Diligence.
- Expectation of participating and embracing daily review meetings, metrics, clear documentation of calls/follow up.
- Lead work modules providing analytical support for the creation of business cases in support of new venture incubation, investment, and partnership / M&A
- Provide assistance in the development of strategic growth plans, alliances, and / or transactions for existing business units
- Provide acquisition support for and execute acquisition due diligence in concert with the finance team and other executives
- Proven quantitative skills, along with demonstrated problem-solving /decision-making skills - ability to create hypotheses for problem solutions and structure analysis to support those hypotheses, ability to rapidly gather, structure, and present data analysis.
What does it take to be a part of our team? The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of senior level analysis experience in business process analysis in a large-scale environment, or business unit experience that includes working closely with cross-functional organizational end-to-end processes in the development and implementation of improvement efforts.
- 5+ years of management experience in which one or more of the following occurred; Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management, gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects, gained experience in leading multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups, and/or demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- 5+ years of experience managing highly complex projects independently that cross multiple business units, divisions or functions and delivering business outcomes including financial analysis, business and competitive intelligence, market analysis, customer acquisition, industry research, product innovation and corporate development activity
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills, combing with solid understanding of business strategies and value drivers
- 5+ years of professional experience including at least 2-3 years of strategy consulting experience from a leading strategy consulting firm or may consider candidates from either a boutique advisory firm or equivalent investment banking experience.
- Desirable Requirements:
- MBA or graduate degree in management, finance or engineering
- Relevant work experience in enterprise technology
- Experience managing teams and leading operational and large cross-company strategic initiatives
- Exceptional skills in interpersonal relations and verbal and written communications. Sound judgment and leadership.
- Ability to work well with key internal and external constituents.
- Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of an organization and to work collaboratively across functions, levels, and departments toward shared objectives
- Ability to research a diverse array of topics and condense into presentations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all levels to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis.
- Ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and interact effectively with a broad range of internal and external key constituents.
Where will you work? The Associate to the Chairman will be based in Miami, Florida.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include fixed base salary, variable compensation, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume