General Manager, Specialty Vehicle Line
Do you want to be the GM of a Business Unit at Autocar?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed? Are you passionate about building businesses?
At Autocar, we build businesses. We also fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting industries by putting our customers’ tech’s and driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and with customer specific content demands, and they WORK. Post sale or delivery, we at Autocar are more heavily involved in working with our customers to ensure an overall better uptime experience, and assist with any/all service related issues, than any other OEM in our space who tend to outsource customer service post sale support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business build up. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about aggressively growing the business and creating unique value for our end users. Dogged about developing and driving strategic advantages, building customer relationships, conquesting new business with new customers, developing new business, and overall execution. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. However, we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives and overall experience of our customers who operate our trucks.
What will you do? Reporting to the President, the GM will be responsible for leading all people, processes, and product initiatives towards growth of a major Business Unit of our company, relentlessly focused on growth and execution, and close senior level liaison activities on the back end Assembly Operations, Purchasing, and Supply Chain.
The GM of this Business Unit is responsible and accountable for the following outcomes:
- Rapidly Growing the Business: current customers, new customers, current markets, new markets
- Driving and Improving overall Profitability of the Business Unit
- Lead Business Unit annual and ongoing Strategic and Operational Planning and Execution
- Sales and Marketing active leadership, close personal interactions with customers
- All Strategic Business Development
- Lead customer and market based Product Planning process
- Lead all Engineering short and medium term projects
- Develop and recruit people to help lead
- Drive the P&L of the Business Unit
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- A Master’s degree in Business is preferred, but not required in securing this role
- At least five years proven track record business leader, leading, building, and growing a significant business, P&L responsibilities, preferably vehicles, and/or heavy equipment
- Commercial truck industry experience highly preferred
- Strategic and Operational planning development experience, disrupting, transforming, scaling businesses
- Experience leading, developing, and personally executing effective sales and marketing initiatives preferably directed to end customers (vs. distributors, wholesalers, brokers, or dealers)
- Ability to execute sales strategy initiatives and manage the sales force, and engage personally with top customers to make things happen
- Comprehensive understanding of the P&L statement, and impact drivers
- Must possess strong strategic, analytical, and technical skills to understand business practices
- Comfortable with accountability and the expectations associated with execution
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity
- Ability and willingness to provide hands-on support if/when necessary
Where will you work? Hagerstown, IN facility and in market with customer base
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume