Sr. Python Developer
Our Advertising division houses an engineering team consisting of more than 50 engineers, covering a diverse skill set from computer vision scientists to React developers. The Advertising division is the data engine room of GumGum. The team generates more than 50 TB of new data every day, while receiving more than 20 million requests per minute! Our engineers and scientists work on technologies such as Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Spark, Kafka, AWS, Big data and React. As part of their role, we encourage team members to present in meetups and to attend conferences. We also encourage them to submit patches to open source projects.
We're looking for an excellent Sr. Python Developer who will help spearhead GumGum's effort in scaling our AI Platform using bleeding edge technologies and frameworks. This candidate will be crucial in the design and development of distributed systems for the scalable training and deployment of state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision solutions.
- Build, operate, and optimize scalable machine learning systems
- Scale our ever-growing AI Platform
- Design and maintain services and API’s for interfacing with ML applications
- Evolve in an agile and fast-paced environment, interfacing directly with our business and product teams
- 5+ years of back-end python development experience
- Experienced with designing, developing and extending complex distributed systems in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using RESTful APIs
- Basic understanding of machine learning
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with ML systems using frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe2, PyTorch, MXNet, Kubeflow, MLflow
- Working knowledge of container orchestration technologie such as kubernetes or ECS
- A solid understanding of DevOps principles such as infrastructure as code, scalability, and resilience
- GumGum HQ in Santa Monica is located right in the ‘Silicon Beach’ hotbed of the city’s tech startup scene, just a stone’s throw from the actual beach!
- Our dog-friendly office (check out @dogsofgumgum on Instagram!) has three floors fully equipped with everything you could want in a work space, including kitchens stocked with nutritious snacks and drinks on every floor.
- Once the work day has ended, the surrounding area is packed with great places to eat and socialize for our ever growing team!
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.