DevOps Engineer - Advertising
GumGum leverages Machine Learning and AI to unlock the potential of online content. Our engineers continue to push the envelope using bleeding-edge technology including Spark, Tensorflow, Keras, Python, Java, Cassandra, Express, React, and Node.
We are looking for DevOps Engineer with 3-5 years of experience who will be responsible for building and maintaining our always-evolving cloud infrastructure. You will be writing infrastructure-as-code, improving system monitoring, maintaining a busy CI environment, enforcing security best practices and helping support systems that serve >20 million RPM and produce over 50TB of data per day. You will be working extensively in AWS, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes. You will be responsible for training and mentoring, always being on the front lines and should be able to make data-driven decisions and recommendations to improve our highly distributed systems.
- Maintain the health, stability and security of our high-traffic production and dev environments
- Support and troubleshoot production problems
- Develop and enforce best practices for configuration management and application deployment
- Configure and automate the provisioning of Amazon Web Services resources and services
- Create and maintain monitoring solutions and instrument applications to provide insights into application performance and understand emerging issues
- Ensure high reliability and availability of our auto-scaled "Big Data" systems
- Continually identify and methodically improve cloud infrastructure for all systems through best practices and continuous process improvements
- Work with AWS (EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, ElastiCache, VPC, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch), Terraform, Kubernetes, Ubuntu 16/18, Docker, Ansible, Packer, Git, Jenkins, Drone CI, Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, Storm, Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL, Prometheus, Grafana, Pritunl VPN
- Proven track record (minimum 3+ years experience) supporting a 24x7 production environment with scale in the hundreds of nodes
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 1+ years of experience writing in languages such as Python, Go or similar
- Kubernetes experience in production is a huge plus
- Thorough understanding of Infrastructure Engineering technologies such as AWS VPC networking, TCP/IP, NAT, firewalling, VPN, cloud-based load balancers, storage, monitoring, security best practices, etc.
- Linux administration fundamentals (Ubuntu, Redhat, Amazon Linux)
- Experience deploying, managing and tuning Big Data systems (Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, Storm, etc)
- Strong scripting experience - you are a bash command line expert and are comfortable writing scripts that utilize the AWS API (like Python w/boto3)
- Able to design and setup complex CI and CD workflows (Jenkins/Jenkinsfiles, Drone CI, GitLab CI, Spinnaker, AWS CodeDeploy)
- Evidence of continued learning
- Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communications skills and a "customer service attitude"
- Humble, intelligent & positive attitude
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.