Account Executive, GumGum Sports
Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars each in sponsorships every year, with brands investing upwards of tens of millions or more across the globe. In a world that is now driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever in where every dollar is spent and what a return on investment looks like.
GumGum Sports is an AI-Powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform that analyzes the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast TV, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every digital medium, and sponsors can measure who drives their highest return on investment.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, data-driven, articulate sales professional with a proven track record of selling high velocity B2B software. We’re looking for people with a growth mindset and pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future.
- Demonstrate the value of GumGum Sports to prospects and quickly understand how our platform can help alleviate their biggest pain points
- Drive revenue and new business from Brands, Agencies, Rights Holders and/or strategic partners, with the expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and more
- Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing-driven leads
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and keeping it up to date on the company CRM system
- Provide market insight into the Sponsorship ecosystem and what the biggest pain points are for brands, agencies, and rights holders/venues
- Cultivate relationships with brands, rights holders/venues, and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their Sponsorship management and ROI goals
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of field sales experience preferred with an emphasis on business intelligence or B2B sales
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year and experience on averaging 8+ face to face meetings per week
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement
- Experience determining customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions
- Deliver accurate forecasting, pipeline management and campaign nurturing within SFDC
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced startup environment
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and positive attitude with a passion for building customer relationships and closing new business opportunities
- Possess the confidence and ability to negotiate and close agreements with Clients and support new customers through our on-boarding process
- Driven to exceed performance objectives
- Excited about being positioned right in the middle of an ever-changing sports sponsorship marketplace and to develop and maintain a highly desired knowledge of GumGum’s solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of how sponsorships are sold, priced, and managed
- Familiar with solution-based approach to selling with experience managing a complex sales process
- Possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities
- Entrepreneurial business savvy, comfortable to contribute & operate within a start-up environment
- Flexible, adaptive, and resilient
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.