Head of Sales - GumGum Sports (VP/SVP)
Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars each in sponsorships every year, with brands investing upwards of tens of millions or more across the globe. In a world that is now driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever in where every dollar is spent and what a return on investment looks like.
GumGum Sports is an AI-Powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform that analyzes the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast TV, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every digital medium, and sponsors can measure who drives their highest return on investment.
Reporting to the General Manager of Sports, the VP/SVP (Head of) Sales will be based in our Santa Monica HQ or New York office and will be responsible for leading the sales organization for GumGum Sports. With an initial team of 7, the sales team will focus on generating qualified leads through inbound and outbound efforts, as well as identify cross-sell/upsell opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, data-driven, articulate sales leader with a proven track record of selling high velocity B2B software, while building and mentoring a high-performing sales team.
- Own sales and be responsible for managing (recruiting/retaining and developing) the sales team, while instilling a strong culture of KPI’s, metrics and scalable sales methodology
- Consistently achieve or exceed the company’s sales plan targets
- Develop and execute the sales strategy to drive bookings
- Own customer renewals and upsells
- Improve sales process and incorporate more of a scalable machine, which includes outbound and cross-sell/up-sell efforts and processes
- Decrease current sales cycle (currently 4 months) and tighten customer segment focus
- Provide accurate, reliable reports and forecasts to help the company manage its growth with confidence
- Develop and implement training and professional development programs to drive consistently high performance across the entire sales organization
- Build compensation plans and incentive programs to maximize productivity of the team and support company goals (commission plans, incentive plans, promotions, etc.)
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to reduce the cost of customer acquisition and increase the lifetime value of customers
- Contribute to building a “best place to work” and a winning culture that attracts and retains the best and the brightest
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team to help shape the company’s strategy and business plan, and ensure all functional areas are in alignment
- 10+ years of process and data driven experience in technology related sales
- 5+ years of sales management experience working for a technology vendor selling SaaS solutions
- History of generating positive growth within early stage startup sales teams ($5-$30MM ARR)
- Must have hired and scaled a sales team in prior roles
- Demonstrated ability and inclination to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast-moving culture
- Proven leader and motivator; entrepreneurial, player/coach mentality, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front”
- Results oriented and driven to succeed with the ability to attract individuals with similar characteristics
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.