Senior Technical Recruiter
GumGum is nothing without its people. As an arm to the People Operations department, our Talent Acquisition team partners with leaders and hiring managers to develop strategies that enhance our recruiting process. From hiring outstanding talent to ensuring that GumGummers find their work motivating, engaging and fulfilling, we strive to create a high-performance, creative and inclusive environment across our global offices.
We are seeking a strong Senior Technical Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team and drive full cycle, best-in-class recruiting across our technology hiring initiatives. As a trusted recruiting advisor, consultant and partner, you will infuse recruiting best practice with your strong collaboration and communication skills to lead strategy and influence hiring decisions. A tenacious and strategic approach to attracting and hiring technical talent is key for success in this role.
- Lead full lifecycle recruiting throughout the hiring process, including sourcing, prospecting, interviewing, pipeline management, compensation, offer negotiations, and closing of candidates across technical and niche technical roles
- Conduct direct sourcing of candidates utilizing standard and creative techniques such as mining of recruiting sites, internal and external databases, social media tools and search engines, prospecting of target candidates or companies, networking, referrals, etc.
- Design a well-rounded approach and strategy to developing a robust pipeline and continually evaluate and apply new sourcing methodologies to actively identify, cultivate and grow target candidate pools of top talent
- Represent GumGum in all interactions with potential internal and external candidates
- Continually optimize the candidate experience by partnering with hiring managers to develop an efficient workflow while ensuring a great experience for all stakeholders
- Regularly report on recruiting metrics and KPIs to measure and track all aspects of the recruiting process
- Partner with community technical organizations to promote the GumGum brand and technical career offerings
- Host and attend technical meet-ups and gatherings, in partnership with technology leadership
- Maintain a strong pipeline of passive candidates for all open roles
- Contribute to GumGum’s employment branding strategy and tactics
- Partner effectively with hiring managers, ensuring excellent customer service and deliverables from beginning-to-end of a search
- Manage and deliver a variety of Talent Acquisition programs and projects
- Coordinate GumGum’s presence at a variety of industry and career-related events including event planning, project management and attendance at events
- Keep pulse on industry trends throughout the technology industry, especially within Southern California
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of related technical recruiting experience in a full-time, high growth tech environment with additional experience in start-up and agency recruiting
- Possess a knowledge base of technology skill-sets including programming languages, web technologies, and software development processes
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using effective sourcing and research methodologies
- Well-developed assessment, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Excellent internal customer service and consultation skills
- Ability to think strategically and holistically about recruiting strategy
- Experience hiring Software and Big Data, Backend Engineers, Front-End Engineers, Computer Vision Scientist and Product Managers
- Experience with ATS, Jobvite and Greenhouse a plus
- Understanding of immigration and visa needs assessment during the recruiting process
- Additional HR and/or recruiting certifications a plus
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.