GumGum’s Account Management department is the bedrock on which our customer relationships are built. Our detail-oriented, highly communicative team members educate clients on the ins and outs of our computer vision technology and ensure that GumGum campaigns outperform their wildest expectations. From the pre-sales cycle to the post-sales period, our account managers provide an amazing, end-to-end customer experience by listening to client concerns, addressing campaign issues and delivering real business results for our advertisers and agency partners.
GumGum, the leading provider of in-image advertising for brands, is seeking a dynamic account manager to support our sales organization in Tokyo. Candidates must have an understanding of online advertising, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in the digital media field. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented and a perfectionist with great communication skills that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with and support sales team in building campaign proposal – including Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word documents, emails, etc.
- Plan, implement, and execute sold advertising campaigns
- Cultivate relationships with agency contacts to manage the advertising campaign and optimize performance
- Ensure successful advertising campaigns by working closely with all internal departments
- Utilize GumGum’s internal inventory management system to build media proposals for prospective clients
- Provide market insight into the in-image display vertical and generate sales specifically from key brands
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients' needs
- Support Sales in managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- 2+ years of experience in the digital media field
- Familiarity with online advertising terms, concepts, and business models
- Familiarity with Doubleclick, Moat, and Sizmek a plus
- If you are a detailed perfectionist, this is the job for you!
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and a team player
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Proficient in Japanese and English, both verbal and written
- Stock incentive program
- Health insurance support
- Separated paid leave and sick leave
- WeWork membership
- Fitness reimbursement
- High growth startup environment and culture
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Company-wide Hackathons
- Stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.