Senior NLP Scientist
Our Advertising Division engineering team consists of more than 50 engineers. We hire a diverse skill-set from Computer Vision Scientist to React developers. The highlight of our Advertising division is the scale and amount of data it handles. We generate more than 50 TB of new data every day. We have web services that receive more than 20 million requests per minute. Our engineers and scientists work on technologies such as Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Spark, Kafka, AWS, Big data and React. We encourage our engineers to present in meetups and attend conferences. We also encourage our engineers to submit patches to open source projects. If you are passionate about technology then GumGum’s Advertising Engineering is the right place for you!
GumGum is looking for a Senior NLP Scientist to join the team. The NLP team researches and implements multilingual problems such as Extreme Text Classification, Sentiment Analysis, and Named Entity Recognition. This position will work directly with bleeding-edge technologies in machine learning and distributed computing in a highly scalable, cloud-based environment.
- Work on a variety of multi-language NLP and Machine Learning projects
- Perform hands-on Machine Learning tasks and statistical analyses in Python
- Utilize DL frameworks like Pytorch or Tensorflow to build and train neural models for NLP tasks
- Own projects from their inception to production release (and beyond)
- Write efficient, clean, and maintainable Python code
- Work with your team members and members of other teams to implement scalable and maintainable cloud-based solutions
- Own and maintain the production environment together with your team members
- Master's or PhD in NLP, Machine Learning, or related field
- 3 years relevant professional experience
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience working with textual data
- Fluent in Python
- Proficient in Software Development
- Experience working on various NLP projects
- Strong team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.