Sales Manager, GumGum Sports
Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars each in sponsorships every year, with brands often investing tens of millions or more across the globe. In a world that is now driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever on how every dollar is spent and what the return on investment looks like.
GumGum Sports is an AI-Powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform that analyses the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports leagues and teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every platform and channel, and brand sponsors can measure what properties and assets are generating their highest return on investment.
GumGum Sports is looking for an experienced and dynamic Sales Manager to join our team in London, the U.K. to support our rapidly expanding global sports technology business.
- Demonstrate the value of GumGum Sports to prospects and quickly understand how our platform can help alleviate their biggest pain points
- Responsible for driving revenue and new business from Brands, Agencies, Rights Holders and/or strategic partners, with the expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and more
- Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing-driven leads
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities and keeping it up to date on the company CRM system
- Provide market insight into the Sponsorship ecosystem and what the biggest pain points are for brands, agencies, and rights holders/venues
- Cultivate relationships with brands, rights holders/venues, and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their Sponsorship management and ROI goals
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Understanding of SaaS models, especially within the marketing world
- Strong list of brand, agency, and property rights/venues contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding sales targets
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with natural gravitation to problem-solving
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Comfortable traveling up to 30-40% of the time
- Experience with SaaS companies is strongly preferred
- Excellent relationship-building skills within all levels of organization up to and including C-suite
- Language skills strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Phone bill reimbursement (role dependent)
- Health insurance
- Monthly happy hours
- Ability to work from home if necessary
- WeWork office membership
- Pension scheme
- Stock incentive program
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Company-wide hackathons
- Stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Lif
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.