Software Engineer - Computer Vision/Machine Learning
Using state-of-the-art technology, GumGum Sports is disrupting the sports sponsorship space. Our platform tracks sponsor exposures across social media, streaming and broadcast channels for a variety of sports. Our Engineers innovate, enhance and maintain a system that analyzes hundreds of thousands of images and videos daily. The GumGum Sports division is a rapidly growing, forward-thinking technology team and you will have the opportunity to directly impact and influence the success of our product offerings. Our mission is to become the language and currency of sponsorship valuation.
In this role, you will build Machine Learning & Experimentation pipelines to empower gumgum-sports reports generation capabilities. Our team is solving key challenges in operating ML workflows for data collection, deployments, and experimentation at the scale of hundreds of thousands of images per day. Does this interest your creative and development chops? If so, come join our team! Our work is complex and highly visible. We are a small team and the opportunities for you to make an impact are boundless.
- You will primarily be responsible for implementing training and benchmarking workflows
- You will possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming
- You will be developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design
- You have 2-3 years of experience building applications/services with python
- You have 1-2 years experience implementing training/benchmarking Machine Learning workflows
- Experience with GIT & AWS
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding of data structures & algorithms
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Kubeflow
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
Be Thoughtful - We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
Have Agility - We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Show Grit - We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.