Our advertising business is grounded on the belief that a new type of ad exchange is needed, one that uses AI to understand the full content of any digital screen. Leading brands in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific trust us to deliver contextually relevant ads in and around brand-safe content where user attention is focused.
Our Sales team is responsible for driving the overall growth of our revenue. They are dedicated to developing relationships with brands and agencies to deeply understand their business, challenges, and goals. Our sellers are experts at understanding how GumGum's advertising solutions can enable advertisers to engage with their consumers.
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and results driven Account Director to generate revenue for our Platform. Candidates must have an extensive understanding of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have 3-5 years of media experience. The candidate must be a driven leader committed to achieving sales goals.
- Responsible for driving revenue and new business
- Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and more
- Provide market insight into the in-image display vertical and generate sales specifically from key brands and agencies
- Cultivate relationships with brand and agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their marketing and advertising goals
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven leads
- Support of Sales Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in online advertising
- Must have strong list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated team player
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- You are flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- You have a sense of urgency in everything you do
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding sales targets
- Programmatic experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field
- Knowledge in Salesforce preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services…
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies…
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.