Sales Director, UK (Advertising)
Our advertising business is grounded on the belief that a new type of ad exchange is needed, one that uses AI to understand the full content of any digital screen. Leading brands in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific trust us to deliver contextually relevant ads in and around brand-safe content where user attention is focused.
Since 2015, our London office has been located in the vibrant centre of the city, where we are surrounded by a whole host of other technology businesses and clients. Our dedicated and growing UK team makes a real tangible impact on the development of GumGum’s EMEA profile.
We are seeking a dynamic. enthusiastic, results driven UK Sales Director who can lead from the front delivering incremental revenue and managing an experienced sales team. The ideal candidate will be able to operate in a player/ coach role with the ability and connections to drive revenue opportunities whilst also being able to motivate and coach the sales team to exceed targets.
The candidate will have strong relationships at all levels across the UK agency landscape. An extensive understanding of the UK online media landscape and advertising community. A track record of driving exceptional growth personally and as a sales team lead.
- Driving revenue and new business
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets in the UK
- Motivate and manage an experienced sales team
- Personally deliver incremental revenue opportunities across strategic accounts
- Cultivate relationships with agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their marketing and advertising goals
- Help develop a strategic sales approach for the UK market
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience selling online advertising
- Must have strong list of agency contacts
- History of exceeding sales targets
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated team player
- PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce and Word skills a must
Benefits & Perks
- Phone bill reimbursement (role dependent)
- Health insurance
- Monthly happy hours
- Ability to work from home if necessary
- WeWork office membership
- Pension scheme
- Stock incentive program
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Company-wide hackathons
- Stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.