Jr. Content Strategist (TEMP)
GumGum is an artificial intelligence company with deep expertise in computer vision. Its mission is to unlock the value of images and videos produced every day across the web, social media and broadcast television. We believe in a new type of ad exchange, one that utilizes our computer vision technology to help marketers understand the full content of any digital screen. Our proprietary image recognition, along with our semantic and contextual analysis, ensures that all of our ad placements are highly visible, brand safe and contextually relevant.
Our marketing team shares the GumGum story with clarity and passion by originating bold and memorable creative which connects with its audience and clearly communicates its message. Whether we’re planning a highly strategic press campaign, a complex lead-generation algorithm or an outside-the-box creative installation, our marketing team is always looking to innovate and deliver strong results.
GumGum is excited to welcome an intelligently witty junior copywriter and content strategist to its creative team. This individual will be based in our Santa Monica office, reporting to the senior creative manager to support a vast array of creative projects and content programs. Being part of the creative team, this role will be filled with fun, unique and diverse tasks: one day you may be creating copy for a holiday-themed exhibit, the next an interactive infographic.
- Passion and knowledge for artificial intelligence applications and the future of the ad tech/programmatic industry
- Expertise in creating innovative copy solutions for daily requests such as collateral messaging, taglines, email copy, program descriptions, video scripts, interactive stories and other thematic media formats
- Ability to craft copy for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries with an appreciation for the perfect balance between the message and the visuals. Words and designs must work together
- Strong copyediting and proofing skills. Attention to small details in both copy decks and designs is extremely important
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines, often while working independently
- Clear communication with both internal teams and freelancers to generate content strategy and copy for events, holiday collateral, client gifts/kits, explainers, social and other sales materials
- Efficiently project management while working closely with the strategic marketing and creative teams to brainstorm, manage and execute on mini-content programs
- Proven track record and portfolio with samples of writing, editing and content strategy skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in creative writing, marketing or communications
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and social channels
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of B2B writing, including the research and use of ad tech messaging and acronyms
- Solid understanding of the creative process and deadline-oriented project management
- Demonstrated success in managing content programs
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years’ experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and offsite gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We pride ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggos...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.