Receptionist/Administrative Assistant - Mississauga, ON Canada
Receptionist /Administrative Assistant
The Receptionist is a highly visible role that serves as the first point of contact for all guests visiting Guidewire. The position requires poise, tact and diplomacy while greeting customers. It is also important that the receptionist ensures the security of Guidewire’s employees and proprietary information by allowing only escorted visitors into the secured office space. The position also requires continual attention to detail while answering phones, responding to inquiries from a diverse population, composing accurate messages and, scheduling appointments.
In addition the receptionist will have administrative support duties that includes; filing, copying, scanning and projects that will use demonstrated MS Office skills. The position will have regular access to company information, requiring professional discretion and confidentiality at all times. Guidewire is an exciting, fast-paced environment requiring the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries and maintaining a visitor log
- Distribute security access badges for visiting employees
- Make copies, collate, bind, staple, and file documents/reports as needed
- Order and maintain office, kitchen and snack supplies
- Sort and distribute mail & deliveries
- Oversee general appearance of the office
- Book conference rooms, meeting set-up and breakdown, assist in preparation of meeting materials, sending invites and tracking attendees and any catering requests
- Coordinate catering for lunches or events upon request
- Attend to visitors, employees and trainees and deals with inquiries on the phone and face to face.
- Support HR new hire / term onboarding
- Space plan programing via SpaceIQ
- Interfacing with landlord to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Manage vendor services; janitorial, food distribution, maintenance agreements, etc.
- Respond and follow-up on facility issues and schedule service requests
- Health and safety, Emergency response team
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High level of professionalism and confidence; ability to make decisions in line with department goals & objectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work with a high sense of urgency within established timelines, exercising consistent follow-through/follow-up when necessary
- Strong computer skills in MS Office/Windows including Outlook, Excel, Word
- Ability to multi-task and operate in an environment of frequently changing priorities and managing the demands of a quickly growing workforce
- Ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with “internal” customer focus and professional demeanor
- Occasionally required to move boxes/stock weighing up to 20lbs
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.