Identity and Access Management Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Job Title: Identity and Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Job Location: San Mateo, CA; Birmingham, AL, or other Remote or US locations
Title: IAM SR Role Engineer
- Interface with lines of business, product development, cloud operations, and support teams, and Information Security colleagues to create and manage efficient, effective access control practices.
- Responsible for integrating and maintaining IAM tools that assist the organization in securing the internal and cloud environments.
- Assist in developing IAM roadmaps and work closely with application owners to ensure IAM services are deployed into vendor-owned technology solutions.
- Ability to see long term vision of the IAM program and ensure that IAM tools/services accommodate future needs as well as the immediate.
- Ensure that tools are implemented with security, compliance, and efficiency/productivity in mind.
- Consult with application owners/admins to ensure that IAM controls are compliant for their areas of responsibility.
Skills and knowledge:
- Must have an excellent level of understanding around Identity and Access Management process, standards, frameworks
- Must have skills and experience with some of the IAM tools sets/concepts
Primary Skill sets
- Detailed analysis of application entitlements and users
- Role Management (types and structures)
- Enterprise Roles
- Application Roles
- Communication – Written and Verbal
- Streamline communication for role modeling, changes, approvals, and reviews
- Educate System Admins and Managers
- Authentication/Authorization Frameworks
- Identity Management Tools (SailPoint, CA Identity Minder, Saviynt IGA, etc…)
- Single Sign On (Okta, Ping, CA, Oracle, IBM)
- Privileged Access Management (Centrify, Cyberark, Lieberman,BeyondTrust, etc…)
- Cloud Platform Access Controls – AWS/AZURE
- Should have an understanding of Role Based Access Control, SOD, regulatory compliance (SOX, SOC 1 & SOC 2, PCI DSS)
- Preferred some experience with LDAP directories/AD
- Preferred some experience with SQL queries
- Preferred some experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Preferred some understanding of key management/digital certificate practices and services
- 10 plus years of Information Security experience/IAM related (utilizing the skills listed above)
- Or 6 years of Information Security experience/IAM related (utilizing the skills listed above and a Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Security or IT)
- Preferred CISSP, CCSP, or security vendor tool specific certification
- Preferred technical training/higher education in the security or IT domains
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.