Director - Salesforce Business Relationship - Foster City
Job Posting Title: Director - Salesforce Business Relationship
Reports Into: Sr. Director, Information Systems
Location: (US) – Foster City, CA
Description/Scope of Work:
Are you currently a Business relationship manager working with the Salesforce platform? Do you have a successful track record of helping businesses identify and reach their goals with Salesforce? Would you like to build on your experience and take a leadership role within a successful company that has a substantial and growing footprint on Salesforce?
The Director – Salesforce Business Relationship acts as Product Owner and internal Customer Success Manager for Guidewire’s expanding portfolio of business-facing applications built and deployed on Salesforce. This role provides the critical interface between various business units within Guidewire and our dedicated team of Salesforce developers, administrators, and architects. This leadership role is responsible for consulting and guiding stakeholders to maximize the business value of connected applications and data on the Salesforce platform. This position reports to Sr. Director, Enterprise Applications, with primary responsibilities including:
- Acts as the lead advocate for the Salesforce platform to the business
- Builds and continuously refines the Salesforce platform roadmap in close collaboration with business stakeholders and the internal Salesforce development team
- Lead a team of talented Business System Analysts to support the internal departments who use the Salesforce platform.
- Collaborates with the Salesforce development team to design and deliver high-quality solutions
- Identifies new Salesforce platform features and capabilities that support the roadmap and works with the Salesforce team the business to identify if and when they should be introduced
- Leads Guidewire’s Salesforce Center of Excellence (CoE) to identify and promote best practices on the platform
- Leads meetings of the Salesforce Platform Steering Committee
- Leads business prioritization and issue review sessions to help business teams groom and rank their backlog of requests
- Communicates details of fixes, enhancements and new capabilities on the platform to relevant internal business audiences
- Creates and maintains operational & functional metrics for Salesforce platform.
- Coordinates with the Lead Enterprise Architect to maintain alignment between the Salesforce roadmap and Guidewire’s broader IT architecture roadmap
- Defines and monitors KPIs to measure the health and adoption of the Salesforce platform
- Identifies and coordinates Salesforce training for internal employees
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform and AppExchange ecosystem
- Experience facilitating meetings and presenting to business and technical audiences at all levels
- Experience with traditional waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- Experience with two or more of the following Salesforce cloud applications and third party managed packages: Community Cloud, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Salesforce CPQ, FinancialForce PSA, CloudCraze
- Experience with ITSM and project management tools such as ServiceNow, CA Agile Central (Rally), JIRA, Microsoft Project Online or similar
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- People Manager for at least 5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.