DevOps Engineer , Cyber Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about automation; believe in anything that needs to be done more than once needs to be automated? Do you crave to make things run smoother and faster? Are you detail-oriented, have strong sense of responsibility and thrive on efficiency? And above all do you enjoy building systems in public cloud that scale? Then give us a try.
You will be part of Cyence DevOps team that provides solid solutions to enable our development team to quickly and efficiently develop new products. This critical team combines software development, software and system administration expertise to support our Guidewire development team and customers. As a member of this team, you will have the ability and responsibility to make decisions that will benefit Guidewire in the long term. We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for users.
Cyence is an internal subdivision of Guidewire Software, Inc (acquired in 2017). Cyence brings together data science, cybersecurity, and economics to build a unique analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Cyence is used by leading firms in the financial services industry to prospect and select risks, assess and price risks, manage risk portfolios and accumulations, and bring new cyber-insurance products to market. Learn more at https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence
At Guidewire Development, our process is sustainable, work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, thorough, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/life-guidewire/about-us/
- B.S.or M.S. degree or equivalent experience in IT/Computer Science
- 5+ years of solid overall experience in the following requirements:
- Linux system administration and maintaining a sizeable infrastructure (e.g. hundreds of machines)
- Experience designing, scaling and operating AWS services
- Solid experience with networking and security, hands-on knowledge securing networks and systems
- Solid linux sysadmin/networking troubleshooting skills
- Strong shell scripting skills; python, bash or shell.
- Manage day to day support of OPS tasks and responsibilities supporting OPS tools and infrastructure.
- Solid understanding in package management/provisioning tools such as Puppet, Docker, etc.
- Experience with implementing and managing CI/CD infrastructure; Jenkins, Git, build tools.
- Passionate and fully understand OPS ownerships and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with build engineering tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with automation using AWS services/APIs
- Proficiency with SQL and experience with database administration experience, PostgreSQL
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.