IS Product Manager - San Mateo, Ca
Guidewire BizTech IS Product Manager
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Our Business Technology team is looking for a Product Manager, who will lead our partnership with Guidewire’s Business teams and be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with sales, alliances, customer support, services and engineering teams to ensure business & customer satisfaction goals are met.
- The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Lead discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of large audiences, solution presentations, and prototype demonstrations.
- Knowledgeable about Customer Lifecycle and Customer Journey Maps; collaborate with stakeholders and other service teams across the organization to ensure a consistent, positive experience for customers/partners at all touchpoints.
- Ability to organize and drive process reengineering sessions.
- Responsible for identification and inventory of customer process pain points and gaps in best practices.
- Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical process components.
- Perform business process modeling, User experience modeling and basic technical architecture diagramming.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and process; Work closely with the scrum teams throughout the development process.
- Comfortable with heavy involvement in user acceptance test planning.
- Effectively leverage multiple implementation team types (User experience, Change Management, Global Development Centers, Developer Communities)
- Has hands on experience in several mid-size, global implementations using salesforce.com in some of the following areas: Salesforce.com Service cloud, Community cloud etc ,System Implementation & Adoption, Salesforce.com Force.com platform declarative configuration
Education And Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product manager for a mid-to-large sized organization, or direct consulting expertise leading sales & marketing, support and services transformation projects
- Good understanding of CRM platform esp Salesforce.com sales cloud, service cloud and custom force.com apps
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience with Salesforce.com configuration
- Familiarity with integration concepts leveraging Mulesoft and exposure to other Financials solution (Oracle cloud ERP, Concur, Spring CM) etc
- Experience developing LOE’s in conjunction with sales, services, support and other business use cases/stories
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- PSMI ,CSMI and/or CSPO certification is a plus
- Salesforce.com Administrator or Salesforce.com Service Cloud Certification is preferred
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.