Senior Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovative products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact. You’ll be inspired by those around you, and you’ll be trusted and empowered to go further
As a senior tax accountant, you will be part of the tax team based in Dublin and support the tax needs of the Irish and international entities within the group.
This is an ideal opportunity for a first move for a tax professional from practice to industry and gain international tax experience within an in-house tax team.
- Work with the tax advisors on the quarterly tax provision for EMEA and APAC entities
- Work with the tax advisors to co-ordinate the filing of annual tax returns for all EMEA and APAC entities
- Reconciliation of tax accounts
- Work with the tax advisors on periodic VAT returns
- Assistance with co-ordinating the tax compliance of global mobility assignees
- Assist with payroll tax related queries
- Assist with annual R&D credit claims
- Assistance with ad-hoc tax queries from the business
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience (either in practise or in industry)
- Practical knowledge of corporation, VAT and payroll taxes
- Experience with tax transfer pricing and exposure to overseas taxes would be an advantage
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.