Revenue Analyst - Foster City, CA
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We currently have 158 customers and over 100 are in live production. We are expanding our business in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
Our revenue team plays an integral role with regard to Guidewire’s current operations, our growth objectives, and the broader finance organization. Revenue team has an important seat at the table with the CEO, CFO and the Sales leadership team as it relates to deals, new products, licensing, and business model expansion. We operate in 17 countries today with plans to drive our growth through organic initiatives as well as acquisitions and partnerships. As our company expands the business to provide new cloud based solutions, our revenue team will also be evolving. The revenue team receives a lot of exposure with opportunities to influence the long term direction of the company including how we license and sell our software, consulting, and cloud services.
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and conclusions reached
- Perform contract review procedures agreements with software license, support, SaaS and/or professional services under ASC 606.
- Review and process transactions as part of the order-to-cash process to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Collaborate with FP&A to analyze forecast versus actual revenue and deferred revenue
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls
- Review and prepare journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and related accounts (revenue, deferred revenue, deferred costs, AR and/or unbilled AR)
- Prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audits and external reporting processes
- Provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operation process
- Assist Managers in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in external audit team on requests and inquiries regarding all quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, when needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of revenue accounting and operations experience required
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Proven ability to independently take ownership and manage assigned tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills is required, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment. Must be a team player and self-starter.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills required
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Systems experience or desire to learn new systems (Oracle ERP and Salesforce)
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.