Senior Sourcing Specialist - Foster City, CA
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for overseeing activities related to the procurement of indirect corporate goods and services, and management of assigned commodities. Supports internal business partners in establishing and managing indirect purchasing agreements, contracts, RFPs and critical purchasing projects. Responsible for the development and implementation of purchasing processes to meet company and organization goals, cost reduction targets and business partner objectives in a complex environment. Manages supplier development, sourcing and ethical relationships, and cultivates positive internal business partner relationships. Manages the formulation, interpretation, negotiations and execution of agreements.
- Develop and manage the execution of initiatives (across functions), including data gathering and analysis, supplier qualification, preparation of Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Request for Quotation (RFQs), Invitation to Bid (ITBs) evaluation of responses
- Utilizes analytical expertise to ensure comprehensive total cost of ownership models, assisting the business in delivering measurable cost savings and developing multi-year cost avoidance and reduction strategies.
- Apply exceptionally strong negotiation and persuasion skills to obtain best contract terms, agreements and to resolve/help resolve extremely critical matters (e.g. contract disputes involving very significant financial impact to the business).
- Develop and implement commodity strategies of significance to the company's operations
- Engage broadly across lines of business to gather priorities, requirements, understanding and input to develop and finalize recommendations
- Establish and drive vendor policies, guidelines, processes, and tools
- Ensure consistency of company vendor practices via documentation, communication, and cross-group education throughout the company
- Mentor and advise team members.
- Effectively present complex topics to all levels of employees, management, suppliers.
- 7 + years’ Experience (buyer for multi-types of commodities; computer equipment, software, SaaS, facilities, marketing programs, etc., contract negotiations and procurement.
- Solid working knowledge of binding elements of a contract, standard company contracts and agreements. Working knowledge of contract law.
- Excellent understanding of supplier capabilities to enable effective cost modeling and negotiations.
- Proven track record and techniques for developing strategies for new and existing supplier agreements
- Strong contract management and negotiation skills
- Strong project management experience required.
- Strong analytical and procurement skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral to a variety of audiences
- Strong consultative, collaboration and coaching skills
- BA degree (Business Administration)
- CPM accreditation, Oracle, SAP and Coupa experience a plus
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.