Senior UX Designer – Krakow, Poland
Senior User Experience Designer - Kraków, Poland
Are you a creative Senior UX Designer with a strong sense of aesthetics and the desire to help shape an industry?
Do you specialize in designing intuitive user interfaces?
As a Senior UX Designer at Guidewire, you will own the user interfaces of applications built to satisfy the operational needs of the Property & Casualty insurance industry. We're looking for someone who can translate our vision into concepts and then turn those into designs that serve to simplify the complexity of our applications. You will work on all user-facing elements of the application, including controls, navigation, icons, and more. You will provide design alternatives, wireframes, user flows, mockups, and design specifications.
The right person will have an extensive online professional portfolio including Web sites, browser-based applications, and UX samples. Please make sure to send us a link to your portfolio too!
- Generate multiple design concepts and work with the team to incorporate disparate views into a cohesive, awesome whole.
- Take ownership of UI components and ensure consistency and ease of the user experience.
- Collaborate with development, product management, documentation/training, and other UX designers.
- Being able to work flexible working hours, often into the early evening, to collaborate with teammates in Dublin and California.
- Work across multiple products built on multiple platforms.
We care most about your artistic and technical talent, as well as your critical thinking skills. What we look for:
- Expert using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Sketch
- Experience with Axure and Balsamiq
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A proven track record of delivering design elements for enterprise web applications (not just consumer web sites).
- The ability to multi-task across multiple projects, managing your own time, deadlines, team interactions, and deliverables.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, although UI coding is not explicitly part of this job.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience in conducting user research (usability testing and field studies).
- Thorough knowledge of competitive and cutting-edge UIs on the web today, to assure that our products have an up-to-date style and use best practices.
Guidewire opened Krakow Centre in September 2015 to support increasing global customer demand.
Kraków is Guidewire’s eighth global development Centre, joining teams in California, Dublin, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tokyo, and Toronto. The Centre is focused on the development of core products that are critical to the company and its clients.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.